To increase student achievement by developing a community of professional educators that utilizes formative assessment to accelerate practice.
The Teacher Induction Program at Northern Arizona University (TIP @ NAU) is a comprehensive program based on the Nine Common Elements for Highly Effective Teacher Induction Programs. The program has seven goals.
- Accelerate Beginning Teachers' practice as defined by the Arizona Professional Teacher Standards.
- Develop full-time Mentors who employ a variety of formative assessment tools and strategies.
- Build Beginning Teacher capacity to analyze student work to improve student achievement.
- Assist Beginning Teachers in demonstrating ongoing self-assessment and reflection.
- Develop a professional learning community among Beginning Teachers and Mentors.
- Increase the Beginning Teacher retention rate.
- Implement the Nine Common Elements of a Teacher Induction Program.
For more information on Teacher Induction please visit the TIP @ NAU web site: http://tip.coe.nau.edu